Virtual Battlegrounds is the ultimate Battle Royale being built from the ground up for virtual reality. Battle to become the last man standing on this apocalyptic war-crazed island through tactical gun-play, an epic map, and physical based controls for skydiving, climbing, shooting, ziplining, and driving.
Gunplay – We built a gunplay system that feels as realistic as possible while still being easy to use. Virtual Battlegrounds gunplay is core to the games design, we spent a lot of our development effort perfecting this system.
- Physics Based Recoil- All of the recoil and gun handling is based on realistic physics.
- Attachment System – Scopes, silencers, laser points, sight modification
- Lots of guns – Sniper Rifles, SMG’s, Assault Rifles, Pistols, Heavy Weapons
- Military Certified – We’ve worked with a team of veterans to design our guns from the ground up. We’re serious about gun feel.
Physical Locomotion – Moving around the map should be fun in a battle royale, it’s what you’ll spend most of your time doing. We spent a lot of time building a system that we think achieves this goal. Move around freely and fluidly across the map in ways that are intuitive for virtual reality.
- Skydive – Use your arms and head to navigate.
- Zipline – Use your arms to hold onto and release from the ziplines.
- Climb – Climb anything using your body and arms.
- Swim – Float in the water and swim anywhere with arm movement.
- Sprint – Swing your arms to sprint.
- Jump – Jump in real life to jump. (We did add in a jump button)
- Crouch / Prone – Move your body to get into different physical positions.
- Zipline – Grab a hold of a zipline and fly across the map quickly.
- Slide – Sprint and stop to slide.
Epic Map – We were serious about designing a world that felt huge for VR. Stand atop the mountain peak of the Orlin Islands and look at the 4 square KM world before you. Walk up to, climb, and enter every nook and cranny of the handcrafted virtual world we’ve built. Nothing is off limits.
Churchtown – A refugee camp built over a church in the mountain.
Ostenbirk – A resort town built on top of the water and on the beach.
Maetland – A once peaceful town that has become war torn and desecrated.
Crash Site – The site of a large 747 plane crash and slum town.
Zipline Tower / Road Network – A deeply interconnected network of locations that puts the world together.
Other Key Features
- Spatial Voice chat.
- Immersive full body IK System.
- Hub Area with Twitch Stream, shooting range and jukebox.
- Hand angle calibration tool.
- Realistic vehicle controls.
- Squad and Solo modes.